Apple has updated the App Store Application to version 2.0 adding full support for self-checkout by ‘Personal Pickup’ and ‘Easy Pay’ options. These options enable users to purchase and pay for the apps and accessory on their own directly at the retail store using their iPhone.
The procedure requires to first download the app from App store and then when the users to visit the retail store, user can scan the barcode of the shelf-stocked accessory and purchase them using their iTunes/Apple ID account. The process eliminates the involvement of the sales staff.
The features included in Apple Store App 2.0
- Personal Pickup: Buy in the app and choose to pick up your order at any Apple Retail Store. Most in-stock orders are available for pickup within an hour. (U.S. only)
- EasyPay: Purchase select accessories in store quickly by scanning the barcode and completing your transaction right in the app. (U.S. only, requires iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S)
- Track your stuff: View the status of current and previous orders from the order status section in the More tab.
- Additional international support (Canada, China).
Additionally, Apple has also launched in store pickup option, in which user can purchase any item on their iOS device and pick it up from the store with in an hour, if in stock. The feature was introduced last week in San Francisco, and New York City stores but now it is available in all U.S. stores.
- Find My Friend App Now Available in App Store, Ahead iOS 5 Release
- Apple Retail Store Employees Getting Trained on iOS 5 and iCloud by September End
- Twitter Updates iOS App adds iPad 2 Camera / Video Support
- Special Tribute to Steve Jobs: Portrait Made of 4001 Post-it Notes at Munich Apple Store
- Apple Already Selling Factory Unlocked iPhone 4S “Off Contract”